If you’ve been contemplating starting a business in the artificial intelligence (AI) field, we have some good news for you – there has never been a better time to do so!
With the global AI market projected to reach $1.81 trillion by 2030, now is a perfect time for you to invest in an AI-based business. What’s more, the global annual revenue from AI software is set to reach almost $100 billion by 2025!
So, whether you’re a seasoned entrepreneur looking for a fresh venture or a newcomer eager to make your mark, we’re here to help you take advantage of the many opportunities in this lucrative AI industry.
In this blog post, we’ll unveil 10 budget-friendly and innovative AI business ideas that you can start in 2024.
Let’s get started!
1. AI for Health and Wellness
You can create an AI platform with features that significantly improve patient care, streamline processes, or provide personalized health insights.
Here are some suggestions for you in this category:
- An AI medical research tool
- An AI-powered predictive health analytics software
- A virtual health assistant
- A chronic disease management system
- A patient data AI analysis tool
- A mental health chatbot
- A remote patient monitoring app
- An AI-powered telehealth platform
- An AI-guided mindfulness app
2. AI in Design
With this next AI business idea, you can help others simplify their design workflows, boost creativity, and enhance productivity.
Some suggestions you may consider for this category include:
- An automated graphic design tool
- An AI 3D model generator
- A logo design app
- An AI image-generation tool
- An AI-driven prototyping software
- An architectural planning tool
- A text-to-vector generator
- A website typography generator
3. AI for Cybersecurity
As cyber threats continue to escalate, businesses and individuals are on the hunt for robust solutions that will help safeguard their digital assets.
With your very own AI cybersecurity tool, you can use machine learning algorithms to help them effectively identify and thwart security threats.
You can consider any of these ideas in the cybersecurity category:
- A vulnerability assessment and management tool
- A malware detection tool
- An AI-driven endpoint protection software
- An advanced threat response and mitigation platform
- An AI-powered data accessibility app
- A predictive analytics platform
- An AI-based user behavior analytics tool
4. AI in Tourism & Travel
With the power of AI, companies in the travel and tourism industries have been able to enhance customer satisfaction, provide personalized experiences for customers, and streamline their processes.
Check out these AI-related tourism and travel business ideas:
- An expense tracking and management tool
- An AI travel planning app
- A virtual travel assistant
- An AI language translator
- A flight forecasting app
- An AI-driven augmented reality app (to provide virtual tour guides)
- A smart baggage handling platform
- A weather prediction tool
- A travel experience platform (curates experiences based on a traveler’s interests)
5. AI-Driven Content Creation
AI has helped businesses and individuals alike revolutionize the way they plan, produce, and optimize their content.
Here are some of the best AI business ideas in this category:
- An AI summarizing tool
- A headline generator
- An AI grammar checker
- A copywriting app
- An AI content optimization platform
- A content repurposing platform
- An AI plagiarism checker
- An AI keyword generator
- An AI content detector
- A content governance tool
- A content idea generator
- An AI social media caption generator
- A video editing or generation tool
6. AI-based E-learning
This is another great AI business idea, considering how AI has significantly improved the educational experience for many learners around the world.
AI-powered tools can help personalize educational content based on students’ needs and preferences, as well as provide engaging learning interactions.
Some e-learning business ideas you can try out include:
- An automated assessment and grading system
- An intelligent tutoring system
- An AI course creator
- A predictive learning analytics tool
- An AI-powered teaching chatbot
- A gamified learning platform
- An adaptive learning app
7. AI in Agriculture
Integrating AI technologies in agriculture will help farmers boost productivity, employ sustainable practices, minimize environmental impact, and optimize resource usage.
With that being said, here are some AI business ideas in this industry:
- A crop and soil monitoring drone
- A livestock health monitoring app
- A temperature-tracking tool
- A yield prediction solution
- A weather monitoring tool
- A soil monitoring sensor
- A chatbot (to help farmers provide adequate support to customers)
- A smart irrigation system
8. AI in Recruitment
By creating an effective AI-based recruitment tool, you can streamline and automate the hiring process for recruiters and help them easily identify the right candidates.
Check out some great recruitment business ideas that are worth trying:
- A talent assessment app
- A candidate sourcing platform
- An AI-powered recruiter chatbot
- An intelligent candidate screening software
- An AI contract generator
- A video interview tool
- An employee onboarding platform
- An AI bias assessment tool
9. AI in Finance
Applying AI in the finance sector will empower financial institutions to improve the way they operate and interact with their customers. Plus, it will help them easily detect fraud, manage risk, and ensure compliance.
Some AI finance business ideas you can try out include:
- A fraud detection tool
- A virtual financial research assistant
- A financial document processing tool
- A personalized wealth management tool
- A financial risk management software
- An AI budgeting app
- An asset management platform
- An AI-powered accounting tool
- An AI-based credit decision tool
10. AI for Online Retail
Businesses can leverage the limitless capabilities of AI to drive more sales, enhance customer experiences, and stand out in the e-commerce space.
If you’re looking to venture into this field, here are some of the best AI business ideas that you can try out:
- An inventory management app
- A product recommendation tool
- A predictive intelligence platform
- An AI pricing optimization tool
- A voice-enabled shopping assistant
- An AI customer segmentation software
- An AI-powered chatbot (for customer support)
Stay in the Loop With Everything AI — Join the Building Startups Community Today
There’s no doubt that, in the vast world of AI, there are abundant opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs like you.
So, if you’re looking to take advantage of these opportunities without draining your wallet, these 10 business ideas are sure to provide a solid starting point for you.
Remember, though — as the AI field is constantly evolving, your key to success lies not only in the idea itself but in continuous learning, research, and adaptation.
As you start your business journey, you can count on Building Startups to support you with the insights & strategies needed to transform your idea into a thriving reality.
On our website, you can access carefully curated AI-based content, resources, and Free AI tools that will assist you at every stage of your entrepreneurial venture.
Plus, by joining our newsletter, you can receive the latest updates, trends, and best practices in the AI landscape directly in your inbox.